Workshop on Offshore Energy Development and Ensuring an Efficient HSE Culture: Monday, 7 May 2018
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration, welcome refreshments and networking
9:00 am - 11:00 am Offshore energy development: Developing competent strategies towards successful offshore drilling operations
To remain competitive and profitable, oil and gas operators need to advance their strategies, and move out of their comfort zones. With production prominently taking place onshore in the Middle East, operators have started to look into unconventional drilling practices and are also moving into offshore drilling. Both onshore and offshore drilling are very similar yet very different. The ever-growing regional and international energy demand has initiated billion dollar investments in major projects across the Middle East.
Offshore drilling provides huge potential to increase production. Future offshore operations are likely to see an increasing demand on the workforce, financial and technological capabilities due to hostile and hard-to-reach environments, as well as unconventional resource exploration. A sound strategy is hence required whilst planning offshore projects. To avoid oil spills and rig disasters from taking place, and to ensure maximum safety of the environment and the workforce, stakeholders need to collaborate and work together to ensure a well-planned implementation.
Attend this workshop to:
- Gain insights into a well-planned offshore drilling strategy
- Understand opportunities and challenges of developing offshore projects
- Step-by-step approach on the entire process of implementing an offshore project and the various stakeholders involved in the project
11:00 am - 11:30 am Networking break
11:30 am - 1:30 pm Best practices, challenges and the way forward for maximising safety and health of workforce in a rigRauf Huseynov, Drilling HSE Officer,Maersk Drilling
In recent years, the drilling industry has been constantly changing and has been affected by a number of different factors such as ageing infrastructure, the low oil price environment, community relations management, human behaviour and more which directly affect efficiency of the activities. Drilling companies deal with these challenges in their daily operations, while running the business and achieving results.
Attend this workshop to:
- Learn how to develop an HSE management system to help reduce risks associated with offshore and onshore drilling activities
- Explore ways of optimising economic resources and use modern technologies in drilling for incident-free operations
- Avoid incidents and share best occupational health & safety (OHS) practices
- Understand human behaviour and its role in improving the safety culture. Philosophy of the ABC analysis. C=A+B=C
Rauf HuseynovDrilling HSE Officer
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Networking lunch
2:30 pm - 2:30 pm End of workshop day
The published programme is correct at time of printing. However, given the seniority of our speakers and the nature of their roles, speakers may subsequently substitute or remove themselves from the programme. This is always regrettable, and we will always try to replace the speaker with a speaker with equivalent insight.